Wednesday, April 01, 2020

Face masks get a rehabilitation (maybe)

Well, I hate to say I told you so, but Asia may have been right about coronavirus and face masks, and the rest of the world is coming around. Go figure!
So, all I need to do now is to get hold of (or make) the masks, and then get my head around actually wearing them.
Mind you, I'm still in two minds about the whole thing myself. On the whole, I think I actually tend towards the rather more skeptical opinion of Andre Picard in today's Globe: sure, wear one if it makes you feel better, but 1) don't use a medical grade mask, because they are needed by medical personnel and the immunocompromized, who are at much greater risk than you, 2) don't assume that they suddenly make you bullet-proof, because they don't, and 3) try not to pick at them, and end up touching your face.
God, even the simple things are difficult at the moment!

No comments: