Tuesday, April 26, 2022

My comment on Elon Musk's purchase of Twitter

I don't use Twitter - nay, I'll go further: I HATE Twitter! - but I would be remiss not to at least comment on the news that maverick and general weirdo Elon Musk has spent $44 billion of his hard earned money on buying up Twitter, lock, stock and barrel.

My comment? Bad news.

My fervent hope is that most Twitter users will not want to be part of an absolutist free choice outlet and leave it in droves, advertisers will follow, and Musk will lose all his money. There seems to be a good chance that will happen.

P.S. Musk tweeted (well, yes, of course he did) that Twitter is "where matters vital to the future of humanity are debated". Really? Has he looked at Twitter recently? Has he read his own posts?

UPDATE

Two months later, Musk manages to wriggle his way out of the deal. Go figure!

No comments: